Friday, December 31, 2010

We closed!

We officially closed on the new house yesterday!  The kids haven't seen it yet, so we're gonna try and take them over tomorrow and let them run around like crazies.  Monday morning the painting crew is showing up, so it'll be under construction for a while.  We plan on staying here until we get renters for this house... we have another showing on Sunday.  I'm fully trusting that the right people will come along this month so that we don't have to make two mortgage payments! 

I thought I was going into early labor tonight... turns out it was just gas.  Very low, painful, bloat-causing gas that felt like she was trying to make like a baby and head out.  I was on my hands and knees at one point.  Jason was like, 'Don't you even think about having this baby early.'  The hands and knees position did help for the release of the trapped gas.  Oh, the glorious things that go on in the Van Valkenburg household during my pregnancies.  Jason is one lucky man.  Because right now I'm HOT.  Smokin' hot. 

Another funny thing along the lines of why he's lucky to be married to me: two nights ago I actually let out a bird noise as I was falling asleep.  Not just any bird sound, mind you, but a true "CAW!" that can only be described as a sound a crow would make before descending on prey.  Have you ever made a random sound that wakes you up?  No?  Just me?  Anyway, it woke me up, and I started laughing and asked him if I had just made a weird sound.  He was like, 'Um, yes, you did in fact just caw at me.'  I lost it at that point and about peed myself.  Another HOT side effect of pregnancy. 

Here's to a fantastic 2011 (we're supposed to say 'twenty-eleven' instead of 'two thousand eleven,' right?).  I'm not planning on staying up until midnight.  This bird is just too tired. 

3 comments:

  1. congratulations on the closing!!! I'm standing with you in praying for a renter! Remember--God's timing is perfect, even if it doesn't make sense!

    Have a wonderful weekend hobo...love you and yours much :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the prayers, Hobo! We had a couple come look today, and the brokers said they're more than likely going to sign a contract this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the house and that cawing cracked me up!!!

    ReplyDelete