Friday, December 3, 2010

Silly Emerson

Last week Emerson brought home a 'turkey' feather from preschool... just a decorated long piece of construction paper shaped like a feather with a list of things she was thankful for:

1) The zoo
2) Mommy
3) Daddy
4) Glue
5) Flowers

With a list like that, Daddy and I feel fortunate to have made the top 5. 

And two days ago I was at Sam's with the kids.  On the way out, Emerson asked if she could put money in the Salvation Army bellringer's pot.  But that wasn't enough.  She wanted to actually ring the bell.  The nice man obliged, she squealed with delight, and on the walk to the car she said, "Mommy, I yike to ring the bell because it gives people healthy food and yucky food."  She's straight silly goose.


Also, today ONLY, Amazon has a 50% off deal on a small selection of their Melissa & Doug toys... check it out here:

4 comments:

  1. I love your Emerson stories! And your Jax stories. Ok, I love all your stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahah...Hmmm, I wonder where she gets the silliness from? I'm sure you're looking forward to the day when she starts writing those nonsensical letters to her siblings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I forgot to tell you Parker's thankfulness story! We did the 5 kernels of Thankfulness with my whole family (all 18 of us) - look it up it is a really cool tradition. anyway, Parker spouted the first ones out and then the last one was this and I quote ... "I am so thankful that I am about to get a puppy." Seriously? News to us! But Jace is determined to get this boy a dog now! Oh, help us all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that Parker... and tell my brother he can have Boomer!

    ReplyDelete