Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Nesting!

I say nesting, but in actuality, it's more like an out-of-body surge of energy has happened to me today.  It started in the car around 12:30 today, and I started getting a little goofy singing along to Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, and Mary Poppins.  Normally it's a regular occurrence for me to get goofy while singing in the car, but that hasn't happened in a long time.  I've just been too tired, people.  The energy continued when we got home.  I put the kids to bed and watched The Bachelor which I missed last night, then I walked into the kitchen and cleaned it.  Entirely.  After naptime, the kids and I built no less than 5 or 30 towers of blocks and Legos, complete with the Cinderella cast of characters trapped inside the castle and trying to figure out how to get out.  I made dinner as soon as Daddy got home (sauteed shrimp, rice, steamed veggies, rolls), did the dishes/cleaned the entire kitchen afterward, then proceeded to have a lot of fun helping him put the kids to bed.  I know it sounds crazy... normally that would always be enjoyable to me, but it's been quite a while since I've felt good enough to enjoy the normal day-to-day grind.  Again, I've just been too tired and in pain by the end of the night.  The last task of the evening?  I used my beloved Shark steam mop and cleaned the kitchen tile.  So much fun! 

My secret hope in all of this new-found energy is that it's signaling that labor is right around the corner.  I've heard that a lot of pregnant women experience this same type of nesting a few days before labor starts.  Please, Lord!  Let it be so!!!  However, I have a hair appointment and pedicure on Friday morning... I would really like to experience a few hours of pampering.  So maybe she'll come tomorrow.  Or Saturday.  Either one is great with me. 

1 comment: