Monday, January 10, 2011

Riley & Hayden

Our friends the Bolingers came over last night, and Jason snapped this picture of the babies-to-be.  Lorenda is 21 weeks pregnant, and I'm 35 weeks as of Saturday.  Riley will be their first, and I can't wait to meet the little man!  The four of us all lived on the same floor in a dorm at NSU and have remained friends ever since.  Which is saying a lot, considering the shenanigans that went on during our college tenure.  Makes me laugh to think back on those days.  It also makes me want to keep my children home from college! 

House update: the trim throughout the first floor has all been glazed and looks amazing!  Our bedroom is painted, the entryway/living/dining wall texture, paint, and glaze are scheduled to be completed this week, and the office and nursery will be finished, too.  We ran into our painter at church this morning, and I couldn't help but give him a big hug... he's fantastic.  If you or anyone you know is looking for a paint company, use Victory Painting.  You won't be sorry.

I'm having a really hard time picking the color for the nursery, and I need to decide by tomorrow.  The designer I worked with suggested a light cream to keep the room light, airy, and spa-like, especially since it will be a guest room in 2 years. The only problem is that I totally failed to mention that Hayden's furniture is all going to be cream as well, and the color we chose isn't quite enough of a contrast.  So now I'm looking at a huge color sample wheel, pulling my hair out trying to come up with the perfect cream... one that's not too fleshy or too beige or too yellow.  Ahhh!!!

I started packing the bag for the hospital tonight.  We learned our lesson after Emerson came a little over a month early.  It was so much fun getting my 0-3 month plastic bin out and going through the teeny-tiny clothes!  I can't believe I'm going to have a newborn soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment