Thursday, January 6, 2011

I made it...

Okay, so I dropped Emerson off first yesterday.  She, of course, ran right into class, tickling her teacher's leg on the way in, saying 'tickle, tickle' and yelling greetings to all of her friends.  I actually had to call to her to get her to come back and give me hugs and kisses.  Then it was off to Jax's room.  His teachers are precious older ladies with very calming personalities, so I instantly felt at ease.  He was pretty clingy, but when I kneeled down, gave him a hug and kiss, and told him I was leaving but would be coming back to get him, he instantly let out this howling cry, complete with an almost gasping sound, like he couldn't believe I was actually going to leave.  I made it out the door, walked to put his bag in his cubby, then the waterworks started.  I seriously started crying.  An older woman caught me in the hallway and gave me a 'bless your heart... it'll get easier' peptalk, which of course made it worse.  I went into the nearest bathroom, pulled myself together, then walked back to the edge of his classroom door to listen.  He had already stopped crying. 

I spent the next 4 1/2 hours running errands in somewhat of a daze.  It was like I wasn't quite sure how to act by myself, not having to keep small children in check.  Checking off my to-do list for the day was a breeze, and getting to do it at a leisurely pace was unbelievable.  Given that I'm not moving quickly PERIOD at this point in the pregnancy, I was in much less pain because I could stop when I needed to and just rest.  I think Hayden has dropped significantly in the last week because I'm feeling some severe and intense pressure down there, almost like the 'ole 'undercarriage' is trying to split apart.  Lovely, isn't it?  I'm curious to find out at my next checkup if I'm dilated at all.  I wouldn't be surprised if I am.

I stopped by the new house first thing this morning (kids stayed with a babysitter) and met a friend-of-a-friend designer so she could help me with paint colors, fabric swatch choices for drapes, etc.  So helpful!!!  Worth every dime and really helped me narrow my ideas to create a beautiful flow from room to room.  One of the biggest challenges in my brain is how to combine Jason's love of old-world style with my recent discovery and love of softer hues mixed in with more contemporary and classic fabrics and pops of color.  I'm going to run get some paint pints later this afternoon after naptime, and hopefully the hubby will like what I've narrowed down to!  This is the fun part!

Heading to Cheesecake Factory tonight with my MOPS table from last semester.  Can't wait for some girly conversation and yummy food.

No comments:

Post a Comment