We watched Cinderella after naptime today, and when Cinderella hurried down the castle steps wearing her beautiful wedding dress, Emerson went nuts. Here is our conversation:
Emerson: "Oh yook, Mommy! Cindereh-wa is wearing a beeeeautiful wedding dress!"
Me: "Yes, she is."
Emerson: "Mommy, someday when I'm a yittle bigger, I will be a bride."
Me: "Yes, ma'am, when you are 30."
Emerson: "Yes. And I will marry a handsome prince. Do you know what his name will be?"
Me: "What?"
Emerson: "Daddy!"
Me: "Yes, I know Daddy will be so glad to marry you."
Emerson (leaning in to touch foreheads with me... talking in a very dramatic, whispery voice): "And after the wedding, we will get to eat GUM. And open surprises. And eat bomb pops. And I will have a purple oval ring."
What more could a bride want, really?
Oh my...I LOVE that girl's imagination! So precious.
ReplyDeleteso sweet!! you must read this to her one day when she is freaking out about the details of her wedding to remind her that life really can be that simple.
ReplyDeleteLove ya!
Too funny! Wonder where you can find a caterer to make a gum flavored cake! I don't remember you and Miley playing princess too much, but you were all over playing 'business'. LOL
ReplyDelete