Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Houston, Here I Come

Technically, it's Houston, here WE come.  Tomorrow Hayden and I are getting on a plane to go see my friend Lisa.  I canNOT even begin to tell you how excited I am!  It's been over a year since she moved away, and this will be the first time I have had the chance to see her new digs.  Talking to her today, we realized it will also be the one and only trip that I have to make with a child.  Until Emerson's old enough for a fun girls' weekend, of course.  Jason's staying home Friday to full-time-Daddy it with Em and Jax.  They are going to have the best weekend with him.

In unrelated news, we had Hayden's 4-month photo session today in Owasso.  We went to our photographer's parents' home, and they have a gorgeous outdoor patio area where she shot most of the pictures.  We had Hayden on her belly on the sidewalk on a beautiful little vintage blanket, and that little toot rolled over for the first time.  It was so fun to experience it right there with Daddy!  It seems like most of those milestones are usually Mommy-only gifts that happen while daddies are at work.  The session went really well despite Hayden's occasional crying from her pre-teething.  That girl has been pre-teething for almost six weeks now, and I'm dying for those little teeth to pop out already.  I know she'll have immediate relief and be back to her happy little self. 

Happy early weekend... happy early Father's Day! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment