We spent time shopping at a great mall, found a Sephora (a tradition we always stick to), hung out at her house, went to Ikea (my first time), picked up her new Ford Edge (gorgeous!), snuck in a few Sonic drinks, and ate at the best Mexican restaurant I've ever been to. Hands down. We had beef fajitas that were sent straight from heaven. Oh wow, I'm still thinking about the fajitas. I have inserted a picture of them below, mainly so that I can come back to this post from time to time and relive their deliciousness in my mind.
Dida, thank you for letting us come see you! I miss you dearly, but this will get me through until the next time you come to T-Town.
We had a great Father's Day at our house yesterday. Emerson and Jax woke Daddy up with his Father's Day card and some sweet kisses. After church and lunch, the kids napped while Jason lounged on the couch watching the U.S. Open (I was excited to see Rory McIlroy win, by the way... only 22 years old... it was precious to watch footage of him and his Dad, and it's nice to root for an up-and-comer now that Tiger's off my radar).
I snuck out to pick up some groceries for a dessert and wash and vacuum Jason's car. Since I got home Saturday evening from Houston, I didn't have time to marinate my own ribs, so I picked up Rib Crib ribs on the way home, and Pa-Pa, MeMaw and Uncle Trav joined us for dinner. We sat and watched the kids play in their new Lightning McQueen sprinkler, courtesy of Uncle Trav. It's funny how entertaining it is just to sit on the porch and watch children play. I guess it's the unpredictability of what they're going to say or do.
Here are some pictures from the day. Emerson and I took silly pictures of ourselves, Daddy got some snuggle time in with his girls, and he posed with his Father's Day ties the kids made him at church.
At lunch, I thought it would be fun to ask Emerson and Jax why they love Daddy on Father's Day. Emerson replied, "He's so handsome." Jax replied, "Why???"
I asked again and Emerson answered, "Because I love to take care of him." Jax answered, "Because I said so."
Happy Father's Day to the head of our household, the fierce protector of his babies, the man who loves with everything in him.
Your kiddos do say the darndest things! So stinkin' funny.
ReplyDeleteAnd Happy late Father's Day, Jason! You sure are one heck of a daddy...your family is blessed to have you!
Love you all.