Lunchtime is always fun around here. It usually begins with Emerson asking, at around 11:15, "Mommy? What are we having for lunch?" Jax then pipes in, "Mommy, what we haffing for yunch?" I pretty much always answer, "I'm not sure yet. We'll have to see." Then begins my magician-like production of some sort of a healthy lunch concocted from all sorts of odds and ends in the fridge and pantry. I used to be so good about meal planning my kids' lunches, but that has all fallen by the wayside since Hayden was born. I have a feeling I'll get back to it, but I'm giving myself grace right now.
I think the fact that it's summer has a lot to do with it, too. I'm grilling lean cuts of meat for most of our dinners, so I don't have any casserole leftovers for lunches. So, most days it's a sandwich of some sort, a veggie, and a fruit. Exciting! I'm guessing Emerson asks what's on the menu each day with a secret hope that one of these days I'll once again produce some thrilling lunch fare. Perhaps when the weather cools off...
Here they are proudly showing me the peanut butter they dip their celery in. Technically, Jax doesn't actually have any peanut butter on his finger, but that doesn't stop him from getting in on the fun.
And here's Baby Hane getting in on the fun as well. She's strong enough to start using the booster/activity thingy, and she's having a blast being eye level with her siblings. This smile of hers ranks pretty high on my joy meter as of late. It's the same smile she gives right before her best giggles spring forth.
And one last picture... I found a recipe online for some healthy popsicles a few weeks ago and made them with Emerson and Jax. All you do is cut a banana in half vertically and put a popsicle/craft stick in each half. Then dip the banana in yogurt (I buy plain yogurt from Aldi and blend with strawberries and honey) and roll in Cheerios. I froze them for a few hours and they turned out great. Yummy, healthy, summertime snack!
No comments:
Post a Comment