Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Peoria on my mind

Hayden and I had a fun weekend in Peoria!!!  Well, let me rephrase that.  Hayden, truth be told, had quite a miserable weekend, but I didn't let that dampen the time spent with my sister and her family.  Our flights to Dallas and then to Peoria went well.  She slept and nursed on both flights, so she was really good and quiet. 

We arrived at the airport and were greeted by Aunt Miley, looking cute with her new short haircut and already a skinny minny after giving birth a little over 2 months ago.  When we got to their house, Avery immediately gave out some sweet kisses.


And here's Hudson Allen, the sweetest, most laid-back boy in the world! 



He and Hayden got to know each other a little bit better.  Miley and I were laughing about the differences in their skin color... Hudson's got this gorgeous olive coloring.  Hayden's about as white as they come! 



Eric's twin brother and his wife and little girl were in town from Florida, so it was great hanging out with them.  About four hours after we arrived, Hayden threw up during her nap, and immediately I thought of Jax's vomiting two days earlier.  That's the only vom session she had, but then that night her eye matted up, and the next morning her other eye was horribly swollen.  Lovely... pink eye! 

I quarantined her as best I could from Avery and Hudson and disinfected everything she came in contact with.  It was so hard telling Avery not to touch her baby cousin on the face or hands.  She looked at me like, 'But why? I love her!' Avery was quite the helper around their house.  She is such a good big sister, is potty-training like a champ, and has a forced, open-mouthed belly laugh that's to die for.  Since I didn't have Emerson and Jax to take care of, I felt like I got to know her better on this trip and really see who she is as a little person. 

We spent some time in the swimming pool, walked around the neighborhood, shopped at the mall, I cut Miley's hair a little shorter, and for the most part we just relaxed and caught up.  Eric grilled some mean shish-kabobs, and I chowed on PW's pig cake that Miley made.  Yummy! 

Here are a few more pics from the weekend.







I miss my sister terribly!  It's wonderful vacations like this that make me so sad that we live 9 hours from each other.  Jason and I have presented them with all manner of scenarios to get them to move to Tulsa.  I might have to resort to kidnapping soon.  

2 comments:

  1. Miley is such a natural beauty! She looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for making the trip out to see us! It was short but oh so sweet. I keep on dreaming that someday that we'll live close together! *sigh*
    Love ya my sister.

    Oh and thanks Heather! I'd have to say that about you, too. :)

    ReplyDelete