Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Puke, Puke Everywhere

Poor Jaxey threw up twice today.  It was so unexpected.  He was a little whinier and clingier than normal this morning, so I went upstairs with him and Emerson after I put Hayden down for her morning nap.  All he wanted to do was sit on my lap and let me love on him.  That should've been clue #1 because he's usually waaaay too busy to let me snuggle him. 

At lunch, he looked like he couldn't keep his eyes open, and all of a sudden he started saying, "More food, more FOOOOD!"  Up came his lunch.  All over his plate, on the table, on his chair, on the floor.  The precious boy just sat there and cried while I tried to clean him up.  Emerson started giggling which I quickly and sternly put a stop to.  When I had stripped him down to his undies, I asked him if he wanted to go to his nap, and he said yes.  That should've been clue #2 that this wasn't going to be a one-and-done.

After they got up from their nap, they were upstairs playing.  I was nursing Hayden on the couch when I heard Jax yelling my name.  Then I heard a strange sound... almost like the pitter-patter of raindrops.  What I, in fact, was hearing was the pitter-pat of barf falling to the wood floor from the top of the stairs.  I had to lay Hayden down, she's screaming, and I run to the stairway.  Jaxeypoo was standing on the 2nd step from the top, holding his bwoo bwankie (now covered in vomitus), crying his eyes out.

I ran to him, and Emerson quickly pointed out that this was the second time that Jax had 'throwed up' today.  Thank you, Emerson.  I spent the next 10 minutes vacuuming puke out of the carpet, spot-treating the stains, and mopping the wood floor below.  Luckily Emerson was requesting to practice her letter sounds, so I got her set up on my laptop and tried my best to comfort Jax while nursing Hayden who was HACKED that I had made her wait 10 minutes. 

I've got my fingers crossed that he's through throwing up.  There's almost nothing worse than waking from REM to change barfy sheets in the middle of the night.  Am I right or am I right???

No comments:

Post a Comment