Sunday, July 3, 2011

Weekend Recap

On Friday night our friends the Leyvas came over for dinner. It had been way too long since we had all hung out.  Because their three girls are basically the exact same ages as our three, they completely understand how insane life is right now!  We treasure the time we get to spend with them.  Here is a pic of the babies and babydaddies.


On the potty-training front, Jax is doing really well.  He's not to the point of telling me he needs to go yet, but every hour-and-a-half or so, I take him and he goes.  He finally started relaxing last week and going #2 on a regular basis. 

Tonight Jason is doing his annual fireworks show for Tulsa FBC.  He's been doing it for a good five or six years now, on the property of a family friend in Broken Arrow.  He and his friend Randy (aka Bull) and Uncle Trav are lighting some high-powered fireworks, and every year I pray he comes home with all his fingers intact.  As he was leaving, I told him I didn't want him coming home wearing an eyepatch, either.  Thankfully they wear safety goggles and gloves, but it still makes me nervous. 

I took the kids to CiCi's Pizza tonight just to get out of the house and to keep it cheap.  Each of them ate 3 pieces of pizza and were asking for more.  Unbelievable!  I think they're both going through some serious growth spurts right now... it's like I can't fill their bellies fast enough.  Hayden has been spitting up more than usual the last two days.  I'm wondering if her teeth are finally about to spring forth, since I haven't been eating any dairy or anything unusual that would've triggered it.  

On Thursday Hayden and I are flying to Peoria to see Miley, Eric, Avery and baby Hudson!  I can't wait!  Hayden & Hudson... doesn't that just sound so cute?!  Hayden has become quite the little jet-setter, travelling once a month for the last three months.  I have my fingers crossed that her teething won't be a major issue on the plane.  

Below are pictures of one of Emerson and Jax's favorite things in the whole world.  Sometimes we wait in the front yard for Daddy to come home, and occasionally he'll ask them if they'd like to go for a ride.  He takes each of them for a spin around the block on his lap, and they get to hold the steering wheel.  It is a BIG DEAL.  I caught each of them in a picture, and the last one makes me smile.  Jaxeypoo is waiting his turn for his ride, wearing his training underpants.   




Happy Fourth of July! 

No comments:

Post a Comment