Tuesday, August 9, 2011

I Heart the 'Mart

I have plenty of friends who absolutely hate shopping at Walmart.  I understand some of their reasons... it's not the most coupon-friendly place to shop (in reality, I think it's that they don't train their cashiers well in this area), it smells weird (I concur with this one... when I was pregnant, it was all I could do to step foot past the fried food deli that greets you at the door), it's louder than Target (a girl I know chalked this one up to the difference in the carts), and the clientele (I'll leave that one up to your interpretation... I, for one, think the people are great as long as you're there before 10 p.m.). 

But let me tell you something.  Walmart's new price-matching policy is the BOMB!  All you have to do is write down the competitor prices on your grocery list, have your competitor ads with you in case they need to verify a price (although technically you don't have to have the ads with you... they say so in writing on the actual policy... but it helps speed things up if you have a grouchy cashier), and VOILA!  Plus they are the only store where I am able to price-match Aldi's produce prices.  That in itself is reason enough for me to continue to frequent the supercenter. 

Check out this stash of groceries I picked up this week.


My total before taxes should've been $40.16, but thanks to price-matching I paid $27.39 before tax.  THANKYOUVERYMUCH.  Disclaimer: The large amount of strawberries is for freezing since the prices are due to start coming back up soon.  The large amount of bananas is for making baby food for Hayden.  The bologna and soft drinks are for my husband.  The Oreos, however?  I'm all about them on a Friday night.  Even with my weight loss (49 pounds now... 6 more lost since last time I posted about it), I always include a night of some type of chocolate indulgence.  And it makes the husband a happy man.  There's almost nothing better than Oreos & milk on the couch with your sweetie.  Almost.  :) 

So back to price-matching.  Give it a shot if you haven't done it before.  Price match and be proud!  Save money and be savvy!  Ignore the smell and the noise and the crazies.  I promise you it'll be worth it.

1 comment:

  1. I tell myself that one day I will be a coupon queen like you!

    ReplyDelete