Okay, so there wasn't really a cool front today. I lied. But it felt like one. Walking from church to the car today, I realized I wasn't instantly sweating, and with a slight breeze in the air, I couldn't believe how nice it felt. I checked the temperature when I started driving... it said 95. That's right, 95 feels GREAT compared to the blasted heat we've had. I'm not going to know how to act or what to wear when it hits 80.
I took Emerson and Jax to church by myself this morning and left Daddy and Hayden at home. Why, you ask? Well, after nursing Hayden this morning I went back into our room to wake Jason up and he rolled over with quite possibly the sleepiest eyes I've ever seen. He reported that he had received approximately 2 hours of sleep during the night. And he gently broke the news that I was the reason he hadn't slept well. I guess I was a freakazoid in my sleep the entire night, all herky-jerky, pulling the covers violently this way and that. Every time I would move, he would wake up and his adrenaline would kick in, keeping him from going back to sleep. I felt so bad!
So I left Hane with him and had a good time with the bigs at church. It was refreshing to sit through an entire service and not have to nurse. She, of course, didn't drink an ounce of the bottle I pumped and left for her. Oh no....that would be too easy! She wanted the real deal when Momma got home.
Speaking of nursing, the dreaded thrush has come back. I don't even want to type that word. The good news, however, is that I noticed it early. Hayden got it from her round of amoxicillin for her ear infection, and I noticed some early symptoms this weekend on the ta-tas. I'll spare you the details. I immediately called Dr. B and then realized I still had some nystatin left over from the 1st round, so I've been giving it to Hayden. I also called my midwife and have started on medicine myself. I am praying, praying, PRAYING that I caught it early enough to avoid the hell I went through last time. So far my symptoms haven't worsened, so we'll see.
One funny thing that Jax has been saying... "Ladies & gentlemen, boys & girls!" Like he's doing a grand introduction, then he just stops. Leaves you hanging. Such a tease.
Oh my sweet gosh, it's midnight already. I have GOT to get in bed. Peace out. Let's hope I'm a calm sleeper tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment