Monday, August 22, 2011

Momma's Been...

1) Making lots of baby food.  Hayden has now consumed avocado, banana, sweet potato, carrots, green beans, squash, prunes, peaches, and pears.  I've made it all from scratch except for the prunes, and freezing portions in ice cube trays makes my life simple.  Talk about saving money, too! 




2) Soothing a teether.  She finally cut one of her bottom teeth this weekend.  She cried every 2-3 hours through the night on Friday, and I'm having a hard time letting her cry it out like I would've with the other two.  So I sneak in her room, pick her up and rock her in the rocking chair until she calms down.  Okay, so maybe I nurse her too, but only once.  I promise.  Dadgummit it's really affecting this momma's heart knowing her sweet little toothless gums are going away.  Baby smiles with all gums are quite possibly the cutest things known to man. 

3) Meeting new preschool teachers.  Preschool starts this week for Emerson & Jax, two days a week.  I cannot wait!  I think the blasted heat of this summer really took its toll on me.  We couldn't go outside much, and days and days on end with your children with not many breaks makes you a little nuts.  Thank God for playdates with friends this summer and Daddy taking half days on Thursday or I might have officially lost my mind. 

4) Rooting on the husband.  He is currently studying for his financial services licenses so that he can expand his business, and he's also got a few other possible ventures up his sleeve.  The man never ceases to amaze me!  Calling him forward-thinking is putting is mildly.  I love his competitive nature... it's what first attracted me to him when I used to secretly watch him during baseball practice from my dorm window.  Well, that and his butt in his baseball pants.  Yowzers.

5) Gathering ideas for rugs, window treatments, etc.  Sometime in the fall, we are going to start doing some home decor shopping, and I'm getting really excited just thinking about it.  I'm also getting overwhelmed, but I've asked, no begged, my friend Leslie to help me put everything together.  I wouldn't call myself gifted in the design/decor department, and she truly is.  So instead of making myself miserable, I'm just gonna have her lend me her mad decorating skillz.  Word. 

6) Watching my three play together.  Hayden thinks her sister and brother's sole purposes in life are to entertain her.  When Emerson walks into a room, Hayden shrieks with delight and starts kicking her chubby little legs.  One of their favorite things to do is get on a blanket in her nursery and see who can make her laugh the most.  I'm really loving the fact that she can sit up now and really interact with them. 

    

No comments:

Post a Comment