Sweet baby Hayden turned 6 months on Monday, and I'm still reeling. There's no way she's that old already. Within the last few weeks, she learned how to sit on her own. She's still a little wobbly, so I have to be right there to push her back to sitting position when she leans too far one way and topples over. Emerson laughs like a hyena when that happens. There's no sympathy or concern for the state of her bonked head... it's just pure hilarity to my first-born.
On Monday at our pediatrician's office, we discovered Hayden has an ear infection. Our first one ever! I was just bragging to someone the other day that none of my kids had ever had one and was attributing it to breastfeeding. Alas, if it's bound to happen, it's bound to happen to Baby Hane. She's turning out to be a non-clone of her siblings, and I love her to pieces for it. Jax was so easy as a baby because he was pretty much just like his sister. Hayden seems to be following her own path, forging her way into this life hollering and fussing and making sure we know how she feels at all times.
So anyway, back to the dr's visit. Dr. B also discovered that she's got a little bit of wheezing. She's had a runny nose for a while now, so I just assumed it was phlem in her chest, but Dr. B had me take home some albuterol for her. After four days of treatments, the slight wheezing/rattling is still there, so I'm taking her back in tomorrow morning for reevaluation.
Emerson is on the tail-end of a nasty virus. She had a mild fever Monday night, and she woke up screaming a few hours after she went to bed. When Jason and I ran up the stairs, she was plastered to the top of her pillow, convinced there were bugs in her bed trying to get her. The next day her fever never dropped below 102, even with alternating Tylenol and Advil. Finally on Tuesday evening I took her to the children's after-hours urgent care, and she tested negative for strep, so we know it's viral.
The bug incident has taken its toll... we have to talk her through her fear before each nap and before bed each night. She wants to check the sheets and then discuss bugs in general. Tonight I overheard Daddy talking to her about the fact that God made the bugs so we don't have to be scared of them, that we are protected from bugs getting in our beds. For the first time since Tuesday, she didn't cry when he left the room, so I think we're on the mend from the bug incident!
J and I just finished payroll tonight, so I'm off to catch some Zs.
No comments:
Post a Comment