Monday, October 3, 2011

Fall is dangerously close

I looked out into the backyard this morning at breakfast and noticed one of the trees is starting to change color!  Just a little smidgen of red right below the top of the swingset, but enough to bring some joy to this momma.  Never mind the fact that it's going to be in the 80s all week.  I see CHANGING LEAF COLOR! 



I meal planned last night and thought I would post our meals for the week on here.  I know for me personally, I get caught in a rut and end up making the same things over and over.  I love bloggers who post their meal plans.  Sometimes I get just the inspiration I need.  I, however, usually don't make many exciting and elaborate recipes, so don't look at this list expecting any inspiration! 

Monday:  dutch oven chicken, leftover Olive Garden salad from game day, freezer rolls
Tuesday:  grilled pork chops, sweet potatoes, roasted green beans
Wednesday:  slow-cooker chuck roast w/ carrots, onions, and potatoes & rolls
Thursday:  carryout!
Friday:  chicken stir fry on brown rice
Saturday: game day food for OU/Texas, probably sandwiches for dinner

Daddy gets to go with Emerson to Dad's Night Out at preschool tomorrow.  I haven't told her yet because that is all she'll talk about until it happens.  I might just let him tell her at dinner tomorrow night and then whisk her away in the car! 

No comments:

Post a Comment