Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Miss Personality

I took the kids to the park last Friday after naptime.  What gorgeous weather we had!  It was in the 70s a few days last week, and while I prefer the 60s, I'll take what I can get.  I had a good chat with another mom there while the kids played and I attempted to nurse and not flash the entire park while Hayden fought the hooter hider.  Excuse me... nursing cover.  Whatever.   

Emerson was sitting on the park bench with me, eating her apple, when two boys started playing on the slides near us.  She laid her apple down, walked directly over to the older one, and said, "Hi there!  How old are you?" He said he was 9.  This was her reply: "You're NINE YEARS OLD ALREADY?!?  I can't BELIEVE it!  That means you're almost ready to be TEN!"  The boy quickly made an exit.  Hahaha! 

Then as we were about to leave, a dad walked up to me and asked if Emerson was mine.  I said yes, and he said, "Wow, she has quite the personality.  She walked up to me, told me her name was Emerson, and then said, 'I bet you wish you had my name, don't you?' "

That girl.  She's somethin' else.

1 comment: