Needless to say, an hour later the phonics and flashcards hadn't surfaced. All three of us had a LOT of fun playing.
The tong/pom pom activity was so simple yet so fascinating. Move them from the box to the cup and then back again.
My glasses were a hit.
Jax fashioned a little headband. I was also impressed with all of the letter and numbers he was attempting to create. It's interesting how much the second child picks up while the first child is doing the 'learning.'
One of my other go-to activities for our morning learning/crafty time? Preschool Packs (printable sets of activities that are theme-based). I just pick my favorite pages, print them out, stick them inside sheet protectors, and let the kids use dry-erase markers on them. They go nuts!
Here's an example.. http://homeschoolcreations.com/preschoolpacks.html
Happy Fall Break to you!
This is too funny! I know we probably follow the same momma blog(s), but the tweezer and printable packs are the exact two projects that sparked my interest, as well! In fact, I printed out a few of the leaf worksheets the other night. We must be sisters or something!
ReplyDeleteAvery and I went for a walk the other day to find some fall leaves. We brought in some of her favorite ones, set them underneath white paper, and scribbled on top with crayons so that the print of the leaf shows through. Love that old art project... :)
Love the pipe cleaner glasses by the way! haha
ReplyDeleteYou can tell they had a lot of fun.
Okay, those are some AMAZING sister similarities! Oh how I wish we could have our kiddos sitting at the same table doing these projects... *sniff sniff.*
ReplyDeleteI had completely forgotten about the leaf project - I'm def gonna have to do that one. Love you, sis.