Friday, November 18, 2011

not sneaky enough

Hayden is the lightest sleeper in the history of sleepers.  I have nearly banned Daddy from checking on her right before we go to bed, because he'll adjust her blanket or something, and she'll wake up.  Or he'll be trying to quietly walk out of the nursery, and she'll wake up.  She won't cry or fuss, but she'll get hyper and do this nose-sniff, in-and-out breathing thing that lets us know she's being silly. 

I tried to sneak up on her yesterday during her nap and get a sweet sleeping shot.  I think I was two steps into her room when she woke up.  At least I got some happy faces!  And I love the first one...




Last night I took the girls to a birthday party for one of Emerson's preschool friends.  It was Barbie-themed, and I just had to post a pic of the party favor bag.  That little outfit you see?  It's a handmade Barbie dress and purse.. I about died.  A neighbor of the birthday girl's grandma made them (actually, I'm not sure if the purse is hand-made, but for sure the dress is).  The little vintage-y fabric is swoon-worthy, and birthday girl's momma and I agreed we appreciate the modest below-the-knee cut.



On another note, I have to brag on Daddy.  He passed her Series 7 securities/financial exam yesterday!  So stinkin' proud of him, and he's planning to take the Series 66 early next week.  I know he'll be so glad when he's finished... it's added a lot of stress to his already full plate.  I've been thorougly impressed with him over the past almost-year.  New company, new house, new baby, tons of licensing and certifications to complete, a team of 50 agents/managers to run, and he takes it all in stride and always remembers to appreciate what he has.  And he never takes his stress out on his family.  I need to take notes.  Stress makes me a crazy woman!

1 comment:

  1. That might be THE KA-YUTEST party favor EVER!
    Is "Grandma" for hire?! :-)

    ReplyDelete