Friday, December 30, 2011

Busy Break!

Wouldn't ya know, this has turned into one of the best Christmas breaks ever.  About mid-December, I started doing a little mini-panic, thinking about Christmas break with the munchkins, no preschool to break up the monotony, cold weather keeping us cooped up, etc.  However, we've had a surprising number of play dates, our friends from Missouri stayed a night with us, Jason has been able to work a little bit here and there from home, his parents took the older two for an aquarium visit, Lisa came to town, and the weather has been gorgeous!  I cannot complain.

Another thing I cannot complain about?  White House Black Market.  You know how there are just some stores out there that you walk into and think, 'I could buy everything in here?'  Well that's my store.  I seem to gravitate toward a more tailored style, and crisp blacks, whites, and creams are some of my favorites.  They also throw in some navys and khakis/light browns.  So gorgeous!  Well, one of my Christmas gifts from my sweet husband was a gift certificate there, and yesterday I indulged in some retail therapy.  Here's the top I found.  It actually hits me a little lower on the thigh than this model... imagine that, a model with 6 feet of legs and torso!


I also bought this belt to go with it, and I'm thinking it'll be one I can use with quite a few tops.  



Okay, so I have one other shopping story.  About three weeks ago I was in Stein Mart, trying on something in the dressing room.  I hear a woman and a little girl walking toward one of the rooms, and all of sudden the little girl starts fussing.   She says, "No, Nana!  I don't wanna see your whole body!"  Hilarious.

I can't believe New Year's Day is this weekend.  I feel like 2011 was a complete blur.  New house, new baby, new company... any one of those three is enough to wear you out.  Put them together and it equals complete insanity.  I'm truly grateful that I'm still standing and haven't lost my mind.  I will say that God has an amazing way of making Himself known and real in those times when you feel like you just can't do it all.  There have been many a day when I've wanted to just jump in the car and get away, and He reminds me that this season of my life is important, that what I'm doing on a daily basis matters, and that I won't ever look back and regret pouring into these little people.

So here's to 2012!  My resolutions?
1) Continue my weight loss (which has been stagnant during Thanksgiving & Christmas... bummer)
2) Try new recipes and broaden my cooking horizons
3) Get up before the kiddos every morning for Bible study
4) Take the kids to new, fun places and get out more (especially after Hayden drops her morning nap... hallelujah!)

No comments:

Post a Comment