Last week sometime in the car, Daddy and Emerson were having a conversation about which "Cars" characters they liked to pretend to be. She and Jax currently have a fascination for the "souped-up" cars that made Mack run off the road in the first movie. Anywho, Daddy told Emerson that Mommy could pretend to be Wingo, one of the souped-up cars. Her response? "No, Daddy, Mommy doesn't know how to pretend. She doesn't even try. She's always nursing the baby and stuff."
I laughed out loud and quickly squashed the Mommy FAIL thought that was coming to the surface. There is no telling how many times that girl has heard, "I can't (fill in the blank) right now, I've gotta nurse the baby" in her lifetime. Basically two years of the four that she's been with us. I will say that the benefit of having our babies so close together is that when she's older, she'll barely remember the nursing times when I couldn't join in her fun. And I've slowly starting the weaning process with little sister, so those fun times are about to be really fun!
On that note, Daddy had his vasectomy today! Long story short, he's pretty sure the doc didn't let the lidocaine do its thing long enough, I thought it would be interesting to watch the whole thing, and I almost passed out. Good times in the urological center!
No comments:
Post a Comment