Wednesday, February 1, 2012

A Birthday and Some Yuck

Oh my goodness, my baby turned one today.  One year ago today we were basically stranded at the hospital after a quick birth, snuggling down in the middle of Blizzard 2011.  Hayden Reece came in with a bang and hasn't stopped since.  Today I was trying not be sad about this milestone, but there's something about knowing it's the last first birthday that brings a lump to my throat.  We're having a little family party for her on Saturday, so I'll post pictures soon thereafter.

Baby Hane, our little Hot Sauce, happy birthday!  I love you beyond words and wouldn't trade a minute of the past year.  Even the frustrating parts.  Because you are fearfully and wonderfully made by a Creator who has given you a unique purpose, and I have a feeling it's a pretty big and powerful one.  You don't do anything halfway, after all.

Here's the birthday girl at the park yesterday.




Now on to the Yuck part of today.  I woke up feeling like someone had steamrolled me, all flu-like and exhausted.  I noticed my throat was terribly sore, too.  Of course, Daddy was going out of town tonight.  Murphy's Law!  I had our sweet babysitter, Miss G, come over while I ran to urgent care.  They tested me for flu and mono (both negative), so it's either strep or tonsillitis.  I've started my antibiotic, so I'm on my way to recovery.  I absolutely HATE being sick.  I never get sick, so when I do, it's such an interference with my routine, ya know?


 

2 comments:

  1. That last picture of her licking the swing is hilarious. Happy birthday to Hayden! I need to come over and meet her some day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure! And we need to meet that boy of yours... the Van Valkenburg stamp of approval. :)

      Delete