This morning Jax walked into the bathroom to do his business, and as he was closing the door he said, "Mommy, I need a yittle practicey so I can go potty."
I joined the worship team at our church and sang alto on Sunday. Can I just say that it was an incredible worship experience. It's one thing to worship while in the audience... it's a whole 'nother thing to be on stage and watch everyone else worship with you. So moving. I had a hard time keeping myself composed, especially during "Beautiful Things" by Gungor. If you haven't heard it, let me give you this gift...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OR7VOKQ0xJY&feature=related
The gym has turned out to be the best thing I could've done. I decided I don't really have time to 'ease' into shape, so I'm pushing myself every single time I'm there. And it feels GOOD. What I've discovered is that I can now face pain with a whole new perspective after having babies naturally. It sounds cliche, but it's definitely true. An extra set of push-ups or 10 more flights of stairs on the stair climber have nothing on Jax's 9.5-lb chubby self at birth. And the rush of endorphins is worth it every time.
I made a really good pizza casserole last week for dinner that everyone liked except for Emerson. She's going through a definite picky stage right now, but we're not making a big deal out of it, and she seems content to eat the required number of bites and then be finished. I'm assuming it's just a phase, but we'll see. Here's the recipe for the pizza dish:
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/pizza-casserole/detail.aspx
We haven't had TV for a week now. A WHOLE WEEK! We had two different cable guys out, and their conclusion is that our 10-yr-old TV is pumping too many volts (or whatever measurement it was) back through the circuit, and it keeps knocking the cable out. Or something like that. Can you tell I had no idea what either of them was talking about? We were planning to get an updated TV & console table anyway, so yesterday I bought the TV and we're gonna have to start looking for a furniture console piece. For now the TV will be sitting on a long, cheap, card-table-quality table from one of Jason's offices. Nice!!!
And we have decided to nix our Costa Rican anniversary trip. Technically, I decided to nix the trip. Jason was on board with anything. But I was just not feeling good about spending $1800 on flights when we have so many home projects to do. So I checked our Visa points, and we had two free domestic flights waiting on us! So it's back to the Bellagio in Las Vegas, the place where we honeymooned and spent our 5th anniversary! This time we're getting a suite, and Jason told me to book whatever spa treatments I wanted. Music to my ears. We're gonna golf one day, lounge by the pool (which is absolutely gorgeous), and just do whatever the heck we wanna do. With no kids to wake us up!!!
Better make sure Emerson can't read this yet! LOL! She'll be hoping to stow away in your luggage!
ReplyDeleteI just love reading your posts...they always take me back to a VERY familiar time and place. ;-) Life doesn't get any less hectic a few years from now, just a different hectic.
ReplyDeleteWe love *Beautiful Things* too - in fact, Will's been playing it on the guitar...pitter patter.
I agree on your vacay decision - Bellagio rocks - high flight tickets don't.
Hope 2 hang out one of these days...