Baby Hane took her first steps yesterday! My friend Robin and her kids were over for a play date, and I was telling her that Hayden was really close to walking. She got down on her knees and put her arms out, and Hot Sauce took two little steps toward her! I guess all Hayden needed was someone else to look at! I can't tell you how exciting/emotional it was... the last first steps of my babies. While it's going to be fun having her walking all over the place soon, I am gonna miss her funny little scooting crawl. Here's a quick video from her birthday... she does this funny left leg tucked, right leg extended scoot.
J and I got away for our regular date night last night. And by regular, I mean every other Friday night. We're making a very concerted effort to put it on the calendar and make it happen. We ate at Michael V's which is one of our favorite restaurants. After eating, we realized it was a little too early to head home (the in-laws were putting the kids to bed after taking them out for Mexican). Can anyone relate? A really good way to spoil a date night is to get home and have to put the kids to bed yourselves!
There weren't any movies playing that we wanted to see, so we decided to do something really, really romantic. Y'all, we walked around Target. And I'm not even ashamed. Can I just say that walking around SuperTarget with my husband was a freakin' blast. I think having a conversation where we could actually complete our sentences might've had something to do with it, but I'm not sure.
I also threw him a curve ball and told him that I'm not sure I really want to go to Costa Rica. I know, I'm so wishy-washy, but I'm just not sure I want us to spend $1700 on flights! Part of me wants to go somewhere domestic and spent that money on an amazing hotel/spa, etc. So hopefully we'll decide sometime soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment