Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Easter 2012

Easter morning was a bit chaotic!  I had to sing on worship team, so my friend Velvet picked me up at 7:30 a.m. so we could practice with our other friends Melissa and Hannah for our "How Deep the Father's Love" quartet before 'official' worship practice.  Daddy was stuck with getting all three kids ready for church on his own.  BIG task and he deserves the Medal of Honor for such a feat.  I still think it's hard after all these years, and he's not used to doing it on his own.  So well done, O Brave and Mighty One.  :)  I didn't have any special 'new' outfits for the kids, just some of my favorites that they already had.

After church, we stood in the front yard for some pics with the kids.  I'm not sure why I chose to put us on the muddy ground where we had a leaky sprinkler head and the grass hasn't started growing.  I think I just really wanted to make these special and classy.



I love how Jaxey's tie is about 6 inches shorter after church than before.  You know a boy's been hard at play when his tie looks like this!




After good and long naps, we went to Grandma and Pa-Pa's house for Easter dinner and Easter egg hunting.  Here are the kids running around with 'C' as I'll affectionately call him for a while.  Uncle Travis has become a foster parent, so we've enjoyed getting to know C.  He's got such a sweet little spirit, and the kids have a blast with him.  


















(Quite a few of these photos were taken by Uncle Trav's roommate Matt who has a great, fancy-pants camera).  

I was telling Jason just how much I loved finding Easter eggs when I was a kid, so he stayed outside and hid four eggs just for me.  I had Emerson help me, and that little toot found the first one!  I admit I'm not very good at finding eggs, so Jason had to play the hot/cold game for me to find the other three.

It ended up being a wonderful, laid-back day of celebrating our Risen Savior and celebrating family, too!

1 comment:

  1. Lexi said the cutest picture is the one with Emerson smelling the pink flower. :)

    ReplyDelete