Sunday, April 15, 2012

Jaxeyboy turned 3

My little man.  Where oh where has the time gone?  You looked like this just yesterday, it seems...


You turned three a little more than a week ago, and it seems to me like you've entered the world of 'big boy' way too soon.  Every now and then I catch a glimpse of toddler-ness and do my best to hang on to it, but those moments are happening less frequently now.

I adore your blue eyes and blonde hair (I remember telling Daddy years and years ago that I would give anything to have a blonde-haired, blue-eyed little boy).  I love your smile that lights up a room, your sweet and sensitive spirit, and your bear hugs and kisses that you give so freely.  Please don't ever stop wanting to snuggle and sing with your Momma at bedtime, okay?

We had a little family party for the birthday boy, and I told him it was going to be a monster truck party.  Technically, the only thing monster truck-related was the monster truck highlights DVD I had playing in the background.  I borrowed my friend Cristin's "Cars" tablecloth, and his cupcakes had checkered flags on them, so it kind of ended up being a "Cars" birthday.  I thought I would totally get away with it, but about a week later we were sitting at lunch and he all of a sudden exclaimed, "MOMMY!  I didn't have a monster truck birthday party!"  And the look on his face was one of mixed disgust and indignation.  I quickly reminded him of the monster truck DVD, and I think that satisfied him.  What that tells me is that I'm at the end of my no-big-deal birthday party decorations.  He's old enough to care about a theme, so I'm gonna have to step up my game next year.

Here are pictures of the birthday boy's par-tay:

Wearing his birthday hat and ribbon from preschool... and looking really old.  *sniff*


He got very serious while we were singing to him.  I think he was mentally preparing to blow out the candles and needed to focus.





Emerson has the men-folk enthralled in her storytelling.


Hayden and Pa-Pa are twinkies.




He loves his new putter!



Daddy has some SERIOUS golf tan lines going on.  The first burn of the spring is always a doozie.



Hayden found a willing swing buddy in Gi-Gi.



Even birthday boys need an attitude adjustment every now and then.



No comments:

Post a Comment