Friday, June 8, 2012

Yummy Turkey Burgers & Strawberry Creamsicles

Jason can take or leave turkey burgers, but I'm a HUGE fan of these.  I found this recipe in my America's Test Kitchen Light & Healthy 2010 cookbook, which I am in love with.

1 (20-oz) package 93% lean ground turkey
1/2 C. part-skim ricotta cheese
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp. Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper

Break the turkey into small pieces in a large bowl, then add the rest of the ingredients.  Using your hands, lightly knead the mixture until combined.  Divide the meat into 4 patties, each 1" thick.  I grill these on our gas grill on high heat for 6-7 minutes then I turn the heat down and finish for a few extra minutes.  Just make sure the internal temp of the burgers is 160-165.

I made these for a playdate with the Odoms and my friend Emily and her kids who were visiting from Texas a few weeks ago.  To add some extra yummy, I topped the burgers with marinated sliced tomatoes done THIS WAY.  Hallelujah, they were good.

Look at this cute menagerie of wee ones.  Not pictured is Hot Sauce who was chowing in the high chair inside.


The popsicles are the Strawberry Creamsicles featured HERE.  I just blended them a little more.  

I love summer!



3 comments:

  1. Where did you get your popsicle molds?? They are too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were on an endcap in Walmart for $1. They're not the best quality I've ever seen, but I like the price!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Made those yummy popsicles!! My boys loved them.

    ReplyDelete