Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Emerson's big decision

One night a few weeks ago, I was at girls' dinner out with some friends, and when I came home, Jason had some big news for me.  

As he was putting the older two to bed, Emerson said, "Daddy, I'm ready to ask Jesus into my heart."

He said he was very calm about it (I would've been trying not to freak out!) and told her that whenever she was ready, she could ask Him.  She got a little shy with brother being in the room, and Daddy didn't push it.  

He tucked Jax in, went to her room with her, and that's where she regained her courage and prayed, asking Jesus to come into her heart.  Jason said she also added, "And God, you are my only God."  *sniff sniff*

Precious moments!  I'm a little sad that I wasn't there, but it's also really meaningful that Jason got to experience that with her.  She's been asking questions about the process lately, so I figured it was going to happen soon.

I'm realizing more and more that we're slowly leaving the baby years behind and entering into this world of KIDS.  Kids with opinions, personalities, talents, gifts, and so much joy to share.  What a blessing it is to nurture them and help shape them into God's little warriors for His Kingdom.
  


5 comments:

  1. So incredibly special...love Emerson's little heart for Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that little Katy Perry singin' , Jesus lovin' girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that girl (and her decision)! Warmed my heart and brought tears to my eyes!

    ReplyDelete