NARS lipstick in Heat Wave. Heavens, it's neon orange. I just can't bring myself to wear it full-force, even though I know it's what's hot right now. I soften it a bit with whatever berry-ish color I have around and then it's more wearable. I always get compliments when I wear it. You can get it from Sephora.
This blush. When I was shopping for blush at the beginning of summer, looking for a peachy coral shade, the guy helping me at Sephora said this was his personal favorite. Well then OK. I didn't ask about which eyeliner he was using... didn't really want to end up in a full-on product convo with a DUDE.
On to mascara. I have worn Dior Diorshow for a few years now, but I decided to branch out and try a few from Benefit. I really like BADgal but feel like it the tube dries out a little too quickly.
I think my new favorite (well, technically I think it's a tie between this and Diorshow) is Benefit's They're Real! Some serious lengthening and defining going on. I'd say this is my go-to for date nights or girls' nights, and Badgal or Diorshow are better for everyday.
For eyes, you just can't go wrong with Urban Decay's Naked 2 Palette. At $50 this is an investment, but I can promise you it's worth every penny. I love every single color in there.
Finally, I forget how much I love bronzer until smack dab in the middle of summer each year. I intentionally don't let my face in the sun via large sunhats when we're in the backyard or swimming. The pregnancy-induced melasma on my forehead and cheeks seems to be here to stay, and sunlight only makes it worse. So bronzer really helps give me some color on my face to better match the tan on my arms and legs. MAC makes a great one.





When your mascara tube dries out too quickly, drop some saline solution in there. Makes my tube of mascara last twice as long.
ReplyDeleteOooh, good tip. How many drops approx?
ReplyDeleteI just do one drop. I did two drops once and it made it too runny.
ReplyDeleteI had a similar experience yesterday in Ulta. I was approached by a male worker with WAY more makeup on than me. It took me a second to even get my thoughts together and after I walked away I started laughing about your post!
ReplyDelete