Our holiday weekend started with a trip to urgent care with Jax last night. He was climbing in the Japanese maple in the front flower bed before dinner, lost his balance, and fell backwards into a half-dead azalea bush. I was sitting on the front step watching him climb, and when he fell, my first thought was that he was impaled on one of the azalea branches. Talk about panic. I realized he was bleeding from the back of his head, we rushed inside (his sisters following), and I rinsed him off in the tub. The gash in his head was small, but it was pretty deep. As soon as Jason got home, we ate some quick dinner, and I took my boy to urgent care.
The doctor said the gash was just big enough that she wanted to go ahead and put a staple in. Luckily nowadays kids can get numbing medicine applied directly to the site rather than a mean 'ole shot to numb the area. He got to wear a head wrap while the medicine was taking effect, and he said he looked like a ninja.
When the staple went in, his lip quivered and his eyes filled up, but he never cried. He bravely said, "Owww... that kind of hurt."
It was nothing a little Dum-Dum couldn't soothe. Two Spider-Man and monster truck stickers later, we were out the door, and he's feeling great today.
No comments:
Post a Comment