Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Emerson's 5th Birthday... with a guest post thrown in

About a month ago, I gathered some birthday party theme ideas on Pinterest and showed them to Emerson. She was immediately excited when she saw a "Pink Lemonade" theme. So I went with a pink and yellow color palette and did a simple little food table, threw some tissue poms together, and created a scrapbook paper pennant flag. Easy peasy! Her party was a postponed by a day because she had a 36-hour bug all weekend long and couldn't shake her fever.

We decided we're going to have our kids alternate between family and friend birthday parties each year. The thought of having 3 big birthday parties with lots of kids each year makes me a little batty. Needless to say, I thoroughly enjoyed our laid-back little family shindig, and I think the birthday girl did, too!











A Birthday Message From Daddy:

On Wednesday my beautiful firstborn girl turned five. It's hard to believe that five years ago, you came out of Mommy's "tummy" (as we like to tell you) and made me a Daddy. My princess is so precious to me, and I can honestly say that I love you more and more every single day. It's so funny that my firstborn girl is so much like her Daddy. We think alike, we look alike, walk alike, and we even get sores in our mouth alike, too. You like to be in control of everything, down to the most minute detail, and everything fits just right within your plans. I look forward to planning great structured adventures together someday where we can tell Bubba and Hot Sauce and Mommy exactly what to do and when to do it. 'Cause that's how we roll...

You are beautiful and brilliant, and you have the most amazing heart. I love you, sweet girl - forever - and I will do the best I can to be your best King Daddy.

1 comment:

  1. Pink lemonade birthday sounds amazing. I need to do that for my next birthday party. Sweet message from Jason to his mini me!

    ReplyDelete