The reasons I had a stress-free Thanksgiving:
1) I did a lot of prep ahead of time. I had the entire table set on Wednesday, and I made my desserts Wednesday night as well.
2) Everyone else brought the majority of the sides. Being that I have only one oven, it would've been virtually impossible for me if I were to make everything.
3) Our guests were FAMILY. It's amazing how there's an instant weight off your shoulders as a host when it's family coming over. They don't care if your house is spotless, they don't care of they have to wait a few minutes for the last few things to cook, and they love you for hosting!
4) I was able to do the clean-up myself. I know that sounds ridiculous, but I LOVE to clean up after a meal. There's something so cathartic about putting the dishes in the dishwasher and scrubbing those 9 x 13s. Anyone with me on that? No? It's one of my neuroses, I suppose.
So today is gonna be the best day EVER! Jason surprised me last week with OU/OSU tickets!!! We dropped the kids off at Pa-Pa and Grandma's last night, got sushi takeout and rented a movie, enjoyed a quiet house (ifyouknowwhatImean, fellow parents of preschoolers), I slept in this morning (thank you Jesus), and in a few hours we'll be on our way to Norman! Go Sooners!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment