A few of my favorite things this December:
1) Emerson and Jax are old enough this year to really get it. Getting to talk with them about Jesus' birth, reading about it in our morning Bible story book... it's such a privilege to build a foundation with little ones.
2) The annual preschool Christmas pageant. Poor Jaxeyboy had a terrible cough that morning, so he stayed home with Daddy. Emerson was an angel in the Pre-K portion. As soon as she got on stage, she found me in the audience and put her finger to her lips as if to apply lipstick while giving me a quasi-evil eye. You see, I had told her I'd put a little lip gloss on her as soon as we got to preschool, and I totally forgot. She didn't.
Right at the end of the program, one of her classmates leaned back and accidentally bonked her forehead. She cried pretty hard but pulled it together (as you can see) for the group photo.
Putting on a brave face through the tears!
This was her third and final Christmas pageant at our preschool. I have many more to attend, as Hot Sauce will be starting next year, but it was still a little sad realizing my oldest will never be on that cute little stage again.
3) Watching the kids marvel at the trees. What is it about a Christmas tree that just exudes magic? The first thing I do when I get up is turn on both trees... I love a dark room with a glowing Christmas tree.
4) I know I've blogged about it before, but this year I'm starting to really come out of my "baby fog" and get energy back, so I feel like I'm enjoying this Christmas more than I have in quite a few years. Even though I'm hosting family on Tuesday, I don't feel any stress, and even being out and about during the busy shopping days has been enjoyable.
5) I can't get enough Hot Sauce singing Christmas carols. Oh heavens, it's the cutest thing. That girl sings all stinkin' day long, but especially now that we are playing Christmas music during the day, she thinks it's her job to keep the songs alive! I talked her into sitting still long enough to sing "Jingle Bells" with her siblings. And you'll have to forgive the lighting in the entryway. It's terrible. Also please forgive the remnants of their PJ party... they love to throw pillows and blankets over the banister upstairs onto the floor below. My favorite part of the video? Emerson cupping her hands around her ears, just like I did during her church Christmas program, trying to get the kiddos to sing louder. Classic.
6) Christmas cards on the fridge. It makes my day to see these beautiful shining faces staring back at me when I get some ice water! I put the folded cards on the door of the pantry, and those too make me happy.
Merry Christmas from our house to yours!
I also wake up and immediately turn on the tree!
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas! Looking forward to dinner soon!
Love your posts, sis! Merry Christmas to you!!
ReplyDelete