Thursday, January 31, 2013

Cavetime.org

These two videos are from Cavetime, the ministry of our pastor Jeff Voth. We have been so blessed to be able to help support this ministry and watch first-hand how it has changed so many men's lives. Do yourself a favor and watch them. Then have your husband watch them. Check out the website, Cavetime.org, and buy the book. Have Jeff come speak to the men of your church. I can vouch for him. He's awesome. And that's his voice on the videos.





Here's the 2nd Video


Speaking of manly things... my poor husband is snowed in in the city of Green Bay tonight. He's been gone since Sunday afternoon, and he was supposed to get back late tonight, but the 8 inches that fell today put a stop to all departing flights. He's been going stir-crazy in his hotel room, and the kids and I are missing him terribly. He had incredible client meetings the last few days, so that's the silver lining.

Hayden's forehead is healing nicely. I've been keeping that thing bandaged and slathered with Neosporin. I read an article recently that looked at wounds that were allowed to 'air out' versus wounds that were kept covered and moist. They found that there was less scarring with the covered wounds. So there you have it, folks. Compelling scientific data reported to you live from Dr. V.V., She Who is Currently Obsessed with Neosporin. Hot Sauce is hilarious when I put the band-aid on. She'll say, "Touch Eye, Touch Head, No Touch Here" while pointing to her owie. That child just needs to know her boundaries at all times. Stitches come out on Saturday!

I have one last day with her before she turns 2. Insane! I truly can't believe it's been two years since I gave birth to her. The whirlwind that has been our life during these past two years has often reminded me to slow down and enjoy each day because it flies by so stinkin' quickly.

Update on Emerson... she was accepted to the private school we applied to, but there is a possibility she could be wait-listed. So we have to just hang out and wait for a month or so until they let us know. Ugh.

1 comment: