I yelled for Daddy, and we brought her to the sink and applied pressure to get the bleeding to stop. Thank the Lord that the in-laws were home and were able to drive right over to watch Em and Jax so both of us could take her to Urgent Care. And let me just say that if you live in South Tulsa/Jenks, the ERgent care at 96th & Riverside is the bomb. We never have a long wait, and the staff there are wonderful.
She was happy as a clam until she had to wear the numbing medication around her head. We found a Lazy Town episode on YouTube via Daddy's phone to help take her mind off things. When it came time for her stitches, she freaked out when the needle went in. I just hate shots. I also hate holding down a screaming almost-2-yr-old when all they want is to escape what's happening to them. It's so tough on a Momma's heart not to hold and comfort.
Six stitches later, our little Hot Sauce is back home, taking the afternoon nap she so desperately needed, and all is well again. I'm wondering how in the world we're gonna get the blood out of the zebra print chair...
You can see in the first picture how deep and wide that nasty gash was.



No comments:
Post a Comment