Monday, January 21, 2013

Older

I celebrated my 34th last week. Just typing that seems so strange. Maybe it's just me, but as each birthday hits, I find myself realizing more and more that age really is just a number. Inside I feel like I'm about 23. :)

The fun began two Saturdays ago with my husband securing overnight childcare with Pa-Pa and Grandma. Can I get an AMEN from all the mommas of little ones? Seriously, he could've planned nothing else, we could've sat and stared at each other on the couch, and just having the quiet house to ourselves would've been enough. After we dropped them off, we drove to Utica Square, and he instructed me to go wherever I wanted and shop for whatever I wanted. I was in the market for a coat, but after a few stops with little to no coats, I decided to head to White House Black Market, one of my favorite stores of all time. 

I dearly love having Jason shop with me. We rarely do it, and I'm always fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants when I shop, but there's something so fun about taking my time and walking out of a dressing room to see his reaction. He's got great taste and is also wonderfully spot-on about what fits me best.

We left WHBM and ate at Flying Fish for some fantastic sushi. If you haven't eaten there, do yourself a favor and order the Super Dave and Caterpillar rolls. Your taste buds will thank you. J said we needed to be home by 7:45, and I guessed what that meant. We were gonna watch Miss America! Together!!! Can you hear the testosterone being sucked out of the room as I type? Hahahaha. My dear husband is a trooper, people. Now, I must say that having to watch the swimsuit portion of the evening probably wasn't the worst part of his day. 

I love to watch Miss America. Because I competed in Miss OK, I have fond memories of the backstage chaos, the nervousness, the dread that you'll forget your words/notes/name. I was rooting so hard for Miss OK this year. That girl could TAP. And those turns? Ridiculous. 

On Saturday the in-laws threw a birthday party for me. It's always so fun getting all the cousins together. Look at this brood!


I love these girls.


The boys playing some baseball. 


Oh Delilah... how I just wanna pinch your lil' cheeks. You are so snuggly.


This week our downstairs powder bath will be finished! Yahoo! I'll post pics soon.

1 comment:

  1. PROMISE me...you will try THE BREAK UP Roll at Flying Fish...AHHHHMAZINGLY DELISH!!!! Trust me. ;-)

    ReplyDelete