Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Heard around here lately...

This morning on our way to preschool, I was reminding Emerson and Jax that I wanted a good report from their teachers at pickup. No disrespect, unkindness, rudeness, etc.

Emerson: "Mommy, did you say rudeness?"

Jax: "Yeth, Emer-thin, she did. It meenth 'rude' in Thpanish."

-------

On the way home from Emerson's soccer practice this evening, she asked what my last name was before I got married. When I told her, she was fascinated that it was the same last name as her cousins in TN.

Emerson: "Mommy, what is my last name going to be when I get married?"

Me: "I don't know yet. It's going to be the same last name as your new husband."

Emerson: "Well, even though my last name's not gonna be Van Valkenburg, I'm still gonna act like a Van Valkenburg."

Me: "Really? And what do you mean by that?"

Emerson: "I'm never gonna lie, I'm never gonna cheat, and I'm never gonna steal."

(These are the three things Daddy always reminds them that we NEVER do).

Me: "I think that's a great idea."

Emerson: "And I'm also not gonna kick, bite, or punch."

Well said, my dear. I'm sure your future spouse will be quite relieved to hear all of this.

1 comment: