Saturday, March 23, 2013

The end of a looong week

I spent the first two days of spring break potty training Hayden. Day 1? Great. Day 2? Completely not great. I remember Jax regressing on the second day, so I didn't let it deter me. The problem I ran into was that on Day 3, we had a playdate, then each day after that we have had something to do and somewhere to go. That is always a hindrance when you're hard core about getting them on the potty every hour on the dot. Oh well... she will not be in diapers the rest of her life. I know it's just gonna click one of these days. I think I'll just keep her in panties while we're home and not stress about leaving the house for activities and lessons with her in a diaper while she's still learning.

On Thursday, my dear friend Destiny and her little girl Miss L drove in from OKC for the day. It was so much fun getting to catch up with her after me being so terrible at keeping in touch. And L is quite possibly the most beautiful and well-mannered child on the planet. I'm really thinking about arranging a marriage between her and our Jaxeyboy.

Friday my friend Becca convinced me to go to FIT class with her at the gym, a total body toning class. I hadn't been to it in months, and it kicked my tail. Today my armpits are sore. Like literally right down in the middle of my pits. That's some good stuff right there. I've been focusing on long 5-mile runs at the gym as of late, but I know I need to throw a couple of toning days in again each week. It'll be swimsuit season before I know it. Ugh.

Tonight was the crown jewel of our spring break. The kids went to the in-laws' house to spend the night, and we got to go to dinner with some of our besties, Josh and Kristin. We've known these crazy kids for years. I was a rep with Josh at Pfizer, and we were in life group with them at our old church. Even though they live in Missouri now, each time we get together it's like not a day has passed. Love them dearly!!!




1 comment:

  1. You two crazies are the best!!' Love it when we make an appearance in your fabulous blog! Miss y'all already!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete