I can't say that I was thinking clearly when I signed both kids up for soccer. Two games and two practices each week... it's a bit much! I know, I know. Those of you with older kids are laughing at me right now. I do realize the busyness is in my future, I just wasn't ready for it quite yet. We already do swim lessons, dance, and a Little Gym class. That was plenty! Needless to say, spring is currently flying by.
So back to soccer. Em and Jax are loving it! Well, let me take that back. Jax is loving it, and Emerson is loving it now. Her first game was quite comical. Being the analytic thinker that she is, she would kick the ball, it wouldn't go where she wanted it to, and she would literally stop dead in her tracks, put her hands on her hips, and get frustrated. A couple of times she looked over at us with her hands in the air as if to say, 'I don't know why this isn't working.' I think the chaos of it bothered her, too. That girl likes to know the rules of something before she attempts it, and I think she really hated the out-of-control feeling of the game.
It has started to click with her though. Last week she scored a goal, and Jax scored two! Jaxeyboy is so much fun to watch. He's the youngest player on the team and is keeping up just fine. His first game, he was a little crazy man, getting right in the middle of a pack of players with his elbows out, not stopping when the ball went out of bounds.
Here are some of my favorite pictures from their first few games.
No comments:
Post a Comment