Monday, April 8, 2013

Jaxeyboy is 4! And a weekend recap

This weekend our sweet Jax turned another year older. So today I'm taking a trip down memory lane.

Newborn:


Just a few months after turning 1:


The big 2-yr-old:


Three (and starting to lose his baby look... *sniff*)



Just in case any of you were wondering, the first three pictures were not taken by me. Kelly is the professional, and my picture is the last one. If you click on the link, you'll see Hot Sauce's newborn picture. 

To say that I adore this boy is an understatement. My friends with boys warned me before I had him that I would fall in love with him in a different way than my girl. They were so right. It's not more love, it's just a different love from a different part of my heart. I'm so thankful that we were blessed with him four years ago... he is a precious, sensitive, loving little boy with a no-holds-barred zest for life and a smile that knocks my socks off. 

So on to our weekend recap. I took the kids to the zoo on Friday (thank you to their grandparents for a zoo membership) and we enjoyed some gorgeous weather!



Trying to get three kids to sit still on a zoo bench and take a normal picture is soooo easy.




Playing on the playground is always a big part of a zoo day. 




On Saturday morning, Emerson had a birthday party for a friend from dance class. She got to ride a pony!



Straight from there, she had a soccer game, and she scored another goal! So proud of her starting to get it.






Here is what the birthday boy and his little sister do during Em's games.



I'm quite tired from uploading pictures at the moment, so I'll save Jax's party pictures for another post. A girl can only do so much while the kids are in bed for naptime. I really should be working on processing apps or proofreading, but blogging is way more fun.



3 comments:

  1. Crying & laughing at the same time...love your blog posts! Happy Birthday to that sweet Jaxey boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peanut Potter is doing a number on your hormones, no?! I love you, sis.

    ReplyDelete