Thursday, June 13, 2013

Beach Pictures... lots of 'em

I took 222 pictures at the beach. Wait, scratch that. 222 is the final number after deleting a lot of them. I become quite a paparazzo around my nieces and nephews. How can I not? Here they are, starting with my brother Jace's kids:

Parker:


Addison:


Vance:


And then my sis Miley's kiddos...

Avery:


Hudson:


And a baby girl due to make her arrival in October! She's baking quite nicely...


I would've given anything to look that good halfway through my any of my pregnancies! My tall, beautiful sister... 

Okay, so I am not chronicling this vacation very well. I'll start from Day 1. Our travel day. Midway through our first flight with the kids, J and I looked at each other and realized it was our anniversary! Happy 11 years, sweet boy!

The three amigos were waaaaay excited to be in the airport, about to board their first 'official' flight. Official in that the girls have both flown before, but it was when they were infants. 




They loved both flights! We connected in Dallas on our way to Norfolk, VA. After picking up our rental van (can I just say that every time I get to be in a van, I realize how much I really need a van), we drove 2 1/2 hours to the beach house.

The rest of the vacation was pure laziness! Days at the beach and pool, a couple of days with activities at another town, and because Miley and Eric brought their wonderful babysitter Janelle, the six of us were able to go out to eat while she fed and put the kids to bed. Heaven.

My sister-in-law Liz and I both agreed that at the end of 7 days, all of our kids still loved each other! All eight of them really do play so well together... most of the squabbling was inter-sibling, and there wasn't much squabbling at that.

I think we're gonna try and do a beach vacay all together every two years, in additional to our normal Christmas/Thanksgiving alternating each year. I really can't ever get enough of my siblings and their babies. 

So without further ado, here are a ton of pictures. I'm too lazy to put captions above each one, so hopefully you can all figure out who's who and what's going on. If not, too bad. :)









































So I lied.. I still have a ton more to upload, so you're gonna have to wait until the next post for those. Soon, I promise!


No comments:

Post a Comment