I forgot to take a picture of the food table, but I set out the pancakes and all manner of yummy toppings...strawberries, blueberries, bananas, chocolate chips, sprinkles, and of course syrup and whipped cream. Most of the girls couldn't finish their pancake!
The girls made fruit loop necklaces, dressed up, and played outside. We had a wonderful time!
The next order of business, birthday-wise, was a celebration in kindergarten. Because her teacher was going to be out of the class on her actual birthday (today), we celebrated on Tuesday with Nibbles cookies for the class. Here is the birthday girl in the fun birthday costume and with her fab teacher Mr. N.
Our final event of birthdaypalooza was a small family party last night. Her cousins weren't able to make it, but GiGi and Sue-Sue and Grandma and Pa-Pa came over. We had pizza and cake...it doesn't get much simpler than that! Love celebrating with family!
And my favorite birthday story (courtesy of Daddy). He was driving Jax and Hayden to preschool, and they were talking about Emerson's birthday party coming up. They were both screaming with excitement, and then all of a sudden Hayden got really serious. In a deep, throaty voice she said, "I'm not going to Emerson's birthday party." Jax said, "Hot Thoth...we ARE going to her party. It's Emerthon's party and we love her!" Then Hayden, still in her silly deep voice, said, "Maybe I'll stop by for a second."
Happy Birthday, Miss Emerson!
ReplyDeleteLove the Pancakes & PJ's Birthday party celebration. I'm going to have to steal that idea!