Thursday, November 21, 2013

Makin' Kindergarten memories

To say our eldest loves school is an understatement. She was hacked that fall break meant two extra days away from school. She wakes up every morning and carries her uniform, shoes, socks, and jacket downstairs and lays them on the entryway rug. I force her to eat her breakfast in her PJs in an effort to cut down on stains...that girl would probably sleep in her uniform if I'd let her.

Some of the highlights of this year thus far:

* Nature walks with her class. The campus has wooded acreage with walking paths. I wanna go on a nature walk!


* Their own garden. They planted fall vegetables, and the school chef came and did a cooking demonstration using their own vegetables. They're also creating/using compost. So fun!

* Music, Art, and Spanish. Each of her specials teachers is fantastic, and hearing her sing "De Colores" is one of my favorite things. Here she is (in the green/blue bow), more than likely telling everyone what to do and taking charge. My little choleric!


A few weeks ago, her class partnered with another elementary in town and went to their school to meet the other students. I love finding pictures like this on the school website...as a parent, it's fun to see what they do while they're away. 




Last week was also Jump for Heart. 



Tonight she and I went to the 6-12th grade choir concert. Loved every bit of it, especially the fact that she sat on my lap for a good portion of it. I got some good snuggle time in with my girl.

Displaying IMG_20131120_200835.jpg

Finally, here's her Kindergarten school pic. Holy cow, I love this child. She seems so big to me, but I know someday I'll look back on this picture and have a hard time believing she was ever this little.



1 comment:

  1. Emerson's school sounds Amazing! ...And that girl is adorable. :-)

    ReplyDelete