Just as so many friends have told us, each year Christmas with kids gets better and better. With their increasing independence comes less stress for their momma! I still have a lot of stress from my work load (via application processing/payroll distribution for our insurance company) this time of year, but I'm thankful that holiday planning and execution are getting easier.
We had some great times this past month...lots of laughs along the way and lots of staying cozy in the house from the frigid weather.
The month started off with one last trip to the zoo after we picked up Emerson from school.
Notice big sister's loose and wiggly front tooth...that thing took the entire month to fall out. See below...
All she wanted for Christmas was her one front tooth.
The littles' preschool had their annual Christmas pageant. Hayden's class was too young to participate, but Jax's class performed their little play. Jax was a wise man, and he wiggled and squirmed through almost the entire thing...that boy can't stand it if an article of clothing is bothering him in the least. He was so glad he got to stand next to his good friend Lincoln (in the red).
All three were part of our church's Christmas program: Hayden singing "Jingle Bells," Emerson as a dancer, and Jax as a rapper. I helped choreograph the production, and when Jax got out on stage with the other rappers and started dancing, I about lost it. That boy was hilarious. He got really low and started swaying side to side, then he brought out 'claw hands,' and I have no idea why. Not rapper-esque at all, but hilarious nonetheless.
Did you see the claw hands?! Haha...hysterical.
Emerson had her dance Christmas party in Miss Raegan's class. And we discovered Miss Raegan went to elementary with Jason. Small world.
Jax and I had a Mommy/Son Date to the aquarium. I am ashamed to say I had never been there! My children have, but not me!
We returned home to the living room transformed into a Daddy/Daughters Cave! It's times like this that I thank the Lord for the blessing of my husband. He knows how to play with his kids, and they adore him for it.
We visited Emerson's school's living nativity scene. So precious! A goat jumped the fence and wandered around inside the roped-off section. The kids thought that was quite hilarious.
Our annual tradition of driving around with the windows down, looking at Christmas lights, proved to be not-so-fun this year. Jason and I got about 30 minutes into the drive and realized we should've stayed home. When your kids say they don't want to do something and you force the tradition on them anyway, sometimes it backfires. They just weren't feelin' it. Last year they had the innocence and the wonder of the lights in their little hearts...this year they were a little bored and grumpy. I did get a few good pics, however.
One new tradition we started that I know for sure we'll keep is the decorating of the Christmas sugar cone trees. Found this on Pinterest, and the kids had a ball.
Last week I drove (sans children) to Moore to see Lisa, aka Hobo, aka Dida, at her parents' new house (Hi, Susan!). It was a quick trip, complete with our annual gift exchange and lunch at a super cute little cafe/boutique. Lisa has been on this journey to find the best natural skincare and makes the majority of it herself. And I got the hook up! Natural oil cleanser, serum, lip balm, sleep salve for my feet...I am SO loving everything she made me. I always thought using oils to cleanse my face would be weird, but I'm telling you, I'm a believer. My skin feels amazing.
Christmas Day was wonderful...early presents with the three amigos...a complete surprise gift from my fantastic hubby (my first Coach purse and wallet...he picked them himself...they're amazing!). We hosted Jason's side of the family and my parents for lunch, then we went over to Grandma and Pa-Pa's for gifts that evening.
A table full of sweet kiddos.
Four generations!!
Three days after Christmas we celebrated Grandma's birthday. Nothin' like a little help from a kid or four.
We all love sweet little M. He's such a good baby!
I really can't believe I didn't exceed some sort of picture limit on this post. There was a lot to document, and I just didn't have the time to keep up with it this month.
Here's to a wonderful 2014! I have no resolutions other than to continue healthy eating, lots of exercise, and increase my patience with my babies. So I guess I technically have three. Oh, and I want to read the Old Testament. I finished the New this past year while Jason read the Old, and now we're switching. Oh, and I'd also like to start getting to bed at a good time on a regular basis so that I can get up before the kids every day. They're the best little alarm clocks I could ask for, but still I'd like to get a head start on my day each morning. So there! Lots of resolutions!





What a fun month. You are blessed my dear girl....."and she treasured all these things in her heart."
ReplyDeleteLove you, Mom
Thanks, Grammy. Love you, too. Thanks for a fun time in Muskogee yesterday! Kids had a blast.
Delete