Monday, January 13, 2014

Green Smoothie



This smoothie and I have become besties as of late. I've had one almost every day for about a week, and I'm starting to love it. 

I used Food Babe's recipe and added frozen mango and about 1 tsp of honey. I also add my Arbonne protein powder when I want to use it as a meal replacement. 

It tastes veeeerrrrryyyy green, but that's kind of the whole point. Trust me, it's much more enjoyable to drink veggies than eat that many in one day. You should try it! It makes enough for a giant mason jar, and you will feel extremely full after you drink it. 

The new year always helps me refocus my eating and working out schedule. I've been eating fairly strictly Paleo for about a year now, and I have no plans to change that. We always allow ourselves two meals to eat whatever we want, but the rest of the week, I feel best when I stick to lean protein, veggies, and fruit. No dairy, no grains, no sugar.

The working out is where I really plan to revamp my routine. This past year I have maintained my 20-pound weight loss, but I look back and realize I got stuck in a rut at the gym, doing classes that weren't pushing me to my max, and I didn't run as much as I should have. So I've got Insanity, Ballet Body Fusion, No Limits Circuit, and long runs on my workout agenda each week. I'm gonna be 35 this week, and I'm feeling better than I have in a really, really long time. I want to keep the momentum going...I'm sure as heck not getting any younger!


No comments:

Post a Comment