Wednesday, July 2, 2014

The Girls' Room...as finished as it's gonna get

The  kids and I were upstairs cleaning this afternoon, and as I looked around the girls' room, I suddenly had a wave of guilt wash over me. I've had a pile of cute pictures, prints, painted wooden items, etc., just sitting on their floor, ready to be pieced together on one of their walls. I even had my good friend Becca take gorgeous close-ups of them that I could blow up and frame above their beds. That was probably about a year ago.

Today I let that wave of guilt spur me into action. I got the box of tools out and hung a picture above each of their beds, and that's probably as good as it's gonna get! We won't be in this house forever, so I think this little fix will make do. At some point I may do that gallery wall of cuteness. Or I may not. Don't hold your breath.

Here's their little cozy abode. It's the largest room upstairs...perfect for two crazy ladies.


Grammy made the pink chevron curtains. The tissue poms were left over from a few birthday parties.



A few of the details...



Emerson has all kinds of funny stuff at her table. This is a list of the wild kittens in Grandpa's barn. She didn't want to forget the names she gave them.


Her reading pile beside her bed. That's the rocking chair I had as a little girl. Love that thing.


Sauce's beloved sock monkey.


And finally, their doll house. Such a fun gift from Grandma and Pa-Pa. This things gets a ton of use.


I love that they share a room. I forced it upon them, but they cheerfully obliged. I think sisters who grow up in the same room form a strong bond. I know that was the case with my sis and me. I can think back on some of our silly times at night when we were supposed to be sleeping, and I almost lose it. So much fun was had! 




4 comments:

  1. I love it, even without the gallery wall! Sometimes, the simpler, the better.
    And good for you for forcing your girls to share a room. Maybe just maybe they will find a booger patch, scratch 'hairy...non-hairy' arm sides, tell silly stories, and laugh 'til The Boy tells the parents to, "tell The Girls to be quiet!!" :) Ahhh, the memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha!!! I've just got one thing to say... BND. *drops the mic*

      Delete