1. We almost had a fatality. Not even kidding. The plumber was jackhammering in the slab to move the location of the plumbing hookup, and a freak piece of concrete about 2 feet wide and several inches deep dislodged from the slab and catapulted through the air. It went through the bathroom wall, the bedroom wall, and flew all the way across the bedroom and slammed into the closet door frame. By the grace of God, the plumber had been standing to the side of the jackhammer instead of directly in front of it...it's the only way he is still alive. He said the force of that concrete would've taken his midsection out and plastered him to the wall.
2. So the rest of these reasons are NOTHING compared to number one. Maybe I should've left that one for last?
3. We had to special order a shower door, it took over two weeks for it to come in, and when it arrived, it had a huge scratch down the entire thing. We are currently waiting for door #2.
4. We had a heavy rain mid-week last week, and apparently we have a roof leak because water fell from the opening where the vent is going to be in the shower... all over the newly laid marble tile shower floor. The tile turned to mush and had to be pulled up. They are starting over on that tomorrow.
5. We are exactly one month in. One month of living upstairs with our kiddos, sleeping on our mattress on the floor of the 5th bedroom. Now I really shouldn't complain about this one, because we are truly blessed to have an extra bedroom to occupy. But I'm ready to be downstairs again, feeling like we have our own space to enjoy.
6. So now that I've complained and moaned, I am feeling a little convicted and a little bratty. Thank you Lord for the resources to be able to do a remodel and thank you for Your hand of protection over our house and for saving our plumber's life. :)
7. The End.
8. Oh, and I am VERY excited to be able to post the reveal once it's all finished. Hopefully end of this week or early next week!
Wow, quite the adventures (or crazy near death experience)! I know you will be stoked to have this new bathroom back in working order and looking fabulous!!
ReplyDelete