Saturday, September 27, 2014

Master Bath Reveal!

I didn't think this project was actually going to end, to tell you the truth. It's been one thing after another, most of it no one's fault, but we are finally using our renovated master bathroom. And let me just tell you...it's heaven.

Just in case you forgot what it looked like before:




And now, after two months' wait... COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!


 The wall color is Sherwin Williams Big Chill, and cabinet color is SW Requisite Gray.

To say I'm in love with this shower is an understatement. The marble, the shower head and body sprayer, the matching shelf inset and floor...it's my new fave place to be. The shower head and body sprayer can be used simultaneously, just in case there were ever two people who decided to shower together. *ahem* Just keepin' it real, people.


Then there's this little beauty. My first claw foot tub. Hayden's favorite place to bathe. I have yet to use it, but I hope to jump in there one of these days.


 Just a few of the details:




I remember asking my friend Bryn a few years back whether I should use oil-rubbed bronze for the fixtures if we ever did a master bath reno (in order to match the rest of the house). She convinced me that shiny chrome was the classic, timeless choice, and holy cow am I glad I listened to her! She was right on. Thank you, Bryn, if you are reading!!

We decided to go with stained concrete for the floor since our slab was intact and it was a cheaper option than faux-wood tile. I am thrilled with the outcome...I love the black and brown combination in the stain and the shiny top coat.


 Thank you, Todd Shust of Victory Remodel, for a job well done!


4 comments: