Thursday, January 1, 2015

End of Another Year Already?!?

I don't even know how to process how quickly 2014 flew by. I feel a little overwhelmed by the speed at which the days, weeks, and months are passing. Sheesh! Can someone please slow time just a bit?

Every now and then I look back at the early days of this little blog and smile at the stories and pictures that I captured. I rarely have time for stories anymore, but I'm thankful for memories through pictures. I know years in the future I will be glad I took time to chronicle our growing babies.

We've entered that phase of life in which kids' activities are increasing, and so the busy-ness of it all often seems suffocating. I'm of course incredibly grateful for three healthy and active little people, but I'll be the first to admit that I sometimes crave quiet and stillness. 

2014 was a year of a lot of stress. There's no way around that. It was just plain hard in a lot of ways. But you know what? It was also a year of the stark reality that God is good. And God is faithful. He continued to show up this year and prove how much He loves us.

I had a health scare this year. The left side of my face went neurologically a little nutso for about three months with left eyelid twitching (two weeks straight...I almost lost my mind), chin twitching, nose/cheek spasms, and neck spasms/cramping after yawning. The only remaining symptom is the neck spasms, and the rest have gone away. What a testament to the power of prayer...especially from my warrior husband. When I was in college, I had some symptoms that prompted me to see a neurologist, and an MRI showed some lesions on my brain, but not enough to warrant a diagnosis of MS. The enemy tried to use these recent episodes to bring fear for a short time, but I can say with confidence that I don't worry about my health or my brain. God is good. And God is faithful.

This year we saw growth and prosperity with our companies. But of course with any growth comes a lot of work. To say my husband has poured himself into our livelihood is the understatement of the century. The man works so, so hard. But you know what else? When he comes home, he plays hard. And loves hard. And every night when I'm heading to bed, he is facedown on the living room floor, praying hard and diving into the Word. God is good. And God is faithful.

I truly believe 2015 holds great things. I am believing for less stress and more margin. I am reminded daily to continue drawing nearer to my Savior. It's never been more apparent to me that He's really all we need. The things that distract us in this life—the petty and the insignificant—pale in comparison to the simple, daily walk that He desires with each of us.

God is good.

And God is faithful.

Blessings to you and your people.




6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing Becca! I'm so glad your symptoms have resolved and I hope this is a great year for your family. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ditto to many of your sentiments friend...and oh how I smile at the thought of a man on his knees in God's word. You chose well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure did. As did you. Thanks for your kind words. Miss our neighbors. :)

      Delete
  3. Thankful for the amazing husband and daddy to your precious babies! God is our Rock, our Source and our Healer and our Peace!

    ReplyDelete